Welcome to Balsam Beach Resort! We the Mueller’s (Clint & Patty) wish to invite you to our peaceful resort located on Lake Plantagenet. This is our 22nd year at the resort. We wish to invite you to our well maintained, peaceful resort. Our Resort was established in the 1940’s and has grown to become what it is today. We are located four miles south west of Bemidji, Minnesota off of Hwy 71.
Lake Plantagenet is 2 miles wide and 3 miles long and depths reaching up to 65 ft. With over 2600 acres, the lake is filled with structures such as steep drop offs, sunken islands, weed beds and sand bar points. These structures create some good habitats for walleye, northern pike, jumbo perch, large mouth bass, panfish and muskies that are at least fifty inches plus in length.
Lodge conveniences that we offer are: premium gas, bait, tackle, ice, firewood, gifts, movie rentals, laundry room, pizza, pop, snacks, groceries, & depth finders.
Lake Plantagenet is home to the Minnesota state record perch: 3lbs 4oz.
With the rental of a Cabin you get these added extras at no cost:
- One aluminum lift or dock space for 1 boat per cabin
- Outdoor heated pool open daily Memorial Day to Labor Day (weather permitting) - No diapered children allowed in pool!
- Fitness center
- Use of canoes, paddleboats, and beach toys
- Numerous water toys and Water trampoline open Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Pirate ship
- Lake maps
- Life vests
- Cable TV
- Beautiful Lake View Sunsets
- Fire Rings
- Free WiFi in Lodge
- Lawn Games
- Baseball Diamond
- Large playground
- Boat ramp and docks
- Family Fun & Lots of Memories
- Our weekly rates run from Saturday to Saturday, except by availability. A 3 day minimum is required. 5% discount on a 2 week stay (at full summer rates) or longer in cabins.
Please bring your own towels, soaps for the bathroom/kitchen and for the beach/pool area. All cabins are smoke free.