Our team of professional guides love to catch fish! This is their chosen career, not a Summer job. At Reel Obsession, we pride ourselves in showing our guests a truly unforgettable, fun, and first-class experience. Our fishing charters consistently produce limits of salmon and halibut for each guest. Guest satisfaction is high and the majority of our groups fish with us year-after-year, booking their fishing adventure with us over a year in advance.
Our salmon fishery is second-to-none on the west coast of British Columbia. Our lodge is located on what they call, “The Salmon Highway”, where the continental shelf comes closer to Vancouver Island, than anywhere else on the coast. This funnels all south migrating salmon to our specific location, at the base of the funnel. This prolific fishery gives us access to dozens of different runs heading to their home rivers through our entire fishing season. The result is simple, it means you won’t hear us say, “you should have been here yesterday.”
Halibut and bottom fish are part of our daily routine. The underwater reefs and humps that make up Esperanza and Nootka Sound offer an abundant variety of this delectable white meat. Halibut over 200 pounds call these waters home. Although regulations require these large females be released throughout all of British Columbia, our guests land a number of excellent eating-size fish that keep them returning year-after-year. In addition, our guests enjoy their catch of Ling Cod up to 40+ pounds and yellow eye up to 15 pounds.
Vancouver Island has the mildest climate in British Columbia and all of Canada offering amazing year-round fishing charter opportunities. We are proud to offer fishing charters out of our West coast lodge from May to September as well as fishing charters direct from Victoria, B.C. throughout the rest of the year.
In addition to prolific fishing, it is likely that during your Reel Obsession adventure, you’ll come across a variety of marine life. killer whales (orcas), grey whales, humpback whales and porpoises are common encounters in our waters. Seals, sea lions, eagles and bears are another reason to make sure you have your camera on the boat.
- Comfortable rooms that sleep 2 to 4 guests with private washroom – either a twin bed or the option of a king.
- Chef prepared meals – breakfast, lunch, all non-alcoholic beverages, afternoon appetizer, a 3-4 course dinner, and snacks.
- We spare no expense! Our charter fleet is equipped with all required fishing gear, top of the line electronics, on-board toilets and the required safety gear specific to Transport Canada regulations.
- Vacuum-packing of your daily catch – for long lasting quality to enjoy until your next great fishing adventure, this service is provided at no extra charge.
- Rain gear – an assortment of rain jackets, pants and boots for you to choose from if needed.